Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
YPT Leadership Seminar on Car Sharing
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (EST)
Please join YPT for a leadership seminar with Mr. Clayton Lane, the co-founder of PhillyCarShare. This seminar will discuss the business aspects of car sharing as well as policies, impacts, and the future outlook.
About the speaker: Clayton Lane is the COO of EMBARQ, and is currently serving as its Acting Director. EMBARQ, which is part of the World Resource Institute (WRI) environmental think tank, is a global network that catalyzes environmentally and financially sustainable transportation solutions to improve quality of life in cities. Prior to joining EMBARQ, Mr. Lane co-founded and directed PhillyCarShare, the non-profit organization that provides environmentally friendly “cars by the hour” from hundreds of neighborhood locations in Philadelphia. Under his leadership, the organization helped remove about 20,000 cars, reduce driving by 50 million miles, and save about 4 million gallons of gas.
Mr. Lane has also served as a Professional Associate and Lead Planner for Parsons Brinckerhoff, where he became a recognized expert in transit planning and FTA New Starts projects. He designed rail and bus facilities and services; developed operating cost models; projected ridership; led long-range planning efforts; assessed regional land use impacts; and taught “best practices” regarding the same.
Mr. Lane earned his master’s in city planning and his master’s of science in transportation from M.I.T., and holds a bachelors degree in civil engineering systems from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Due to limited seating capacity at the venue, we encourage you to get your tickets (free!!) early.
- If you are not a member of YPT, we encourage you to sign-up and becoming a member of YPT for a cheap $20/year.
- If you are wondering what would you get for $20? YPT offers you:
- A whole year's worth of unparalleled knowledge enhancement programs (Leadership Seminars) featuring top leaders from the transportation busines.
- Excellent networking opportunities with your peers in the transportation industry. All this for just the price of a dinner or four beers(!).
- Our informative Monthly & Quarterly newsletters.
- For more information about the benefits of our membership, please click here to visit our membership page.
When & Where
Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT)
YPT provides professional development, fellowship, and networking opportunities for young professionals in the transportation field. We are the future of transportation.
YPT is based in Washington, DC with chapters opening around the country. Membership is open to all transportation professionals around the world. YPT does not have an age-restricted definition of 'young'. Anyone is welcome to take advantage of our activities.
For more about YPT, visit us online at yptransportation.org.